Climate vulnerability and risk assessment report was prepared by Department of Science & Technology (DST), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India and Indian Himalayan Climate Adaptation Programme (IHCAP), Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) in partnership with the 12 Himalayan states for improved management of Himalayan eco-system in line with the objectives of NMSHE under NAPCC.
A common framework, a first of its kind has been developed for assessing the vulnerability to climate change as an input towards adaptation planning. 12 Himalayan states jointly with common understanding have agreed for using this framework to make the region resilient to climate change and other extreme events.
A geo-spatial application tool has been developed on climate vulnerability at district and state level based on the data/information produced by the 12 Himalayan states in a common platform with the support of technical institutions. The application will provide easy access of the vulnerability data and maps for use by different stakeholders in the Indian Himalayan Region (IHR) for research and planning.
An interactive geo-spatial application
- Depicting climate vulnerabilities and risk at the state and district level
- Displaying climate vulnerabilities and risk data/indices – by District and State
- Let’s you manouvre and visualise maps and climate risk and vulnerabilities
- Visualisation of geo-spatial data for experts, decision makers and general users as a web interface framework – to make it more user friendly and dynamic
- Information tool to manage data/information on climate change risk and vulnerabilities
- Immediate application for the development of adaptation programme by the state Government